Podcast ep 59: Local Kooks
Posted on September 23 2019
What is a local kook? David sat down and made a list of qualities a local kook would have. Shana and Heff add their thoughts in defining this important subset of local celebrity. Also, Shana gets a present: a "High Priestess of Rubber Chickens" sash to wear with her rubber chicken dress! Plus, you shouldn't kick owls. Really.
David's Qualities of Local Kooks
- All local kooks are local celebrities, but not all local celebrities are local kooks.
- Great, memorable name or title.
- Outfit and accessory
- Catchphrase or schtick or complete silence
- Attached to a location (City or specific spot)
- Play well against a straight man (or woman).
- Appears in local news more than once a year even if just in the background.
- Usually a true passion for what they’re doing.
- Has fans or people that look forward to seeing them.
- Shop at Archie McPhee.