Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Finally, what the world has been waiting for. . . edible brains! And you can eat them without all the hassle and mess of a zombie apocalypse. Don't sit around waiting for the collapse of civilization or dig up graveyards in the middle of the night when all you need to do is spend some time in the kitchen. This plastic mold produces the jiggly left hemisphere of a human brain, about 7-1/2" x 6-1/2". That's larger than average for the general populace, but just right for Archie McPhee customers. Includes a recipe on the back of the package for making brain-colored gelatin.
A wiggly gelatin brain is educational - you can identify the functions of the different parts of the brain as they slide down your throat. Entertain and impress your friends as you re-enact scenes from Night of the Living Dead. Make a batch of brains for your next zombie walk to add some deliciously disgusting realism to the event. Gelatin brains are much less fattening than the real thing. When you aren't busy making or devouring brains, the bright green mold makes a great piece of kitchen or laboratory decor.
Two 6-ounce boxes of gelatin mix, any flavor (peach or watermelon give the best color)
1-3/4 cups boiling water
3/4 cup cold water
9 ounces of fat free evaporated milk - don't use any kind but fat-free or it will curdle
Food coloring: about 15 drops each of red, green and blue will make a gray brain, but any colors will work
1. Before each use, wash the brain mold with warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
2. Spray or smear the inside of the brain mold with a small amount of vegetable oil, then wipe out the excess.
3. Put the gelatin mix in a large bowl and add the boiling water. Stir about 2 minutes until the mix is dissolved.
4. Stir in 1 cup of cold water.
5. Add the evaporated milk and food coloring and stir well. Adjust the color if needed and stir again.
6. Pour the mixture into the brain mold, stopping about 1/4 inch from the top.
7. Place the brain mold in a shallow bowl so it will sit level, and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
8. To remove you brain, shake the mold until the gelatin loosens. Place a flat plate upside down over the open side of the mold, then flip the mold and the plate together. Lift the mold off, leaving the brain on the plate.
Special Price: $8.99
Regular Price: $12.00
Special Price: $15.95
Regular Price: $24.95
Special Price: $6.99
Regular Price: $9.00